Get ready guys, the new Samsung NX2000 is just spotted by engadget.
- use the Tizen OS , an open source OS for creating app for mobile , smartphone , tablets , TVs etc
- 20.3-megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor
- Built-in WIFI
- a new 10mm f/3.5 and 16-50мм f/2.8 also going to be announce soon
Panasonic just announced their latest entry-level mirrorless camera : the Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF6. Nothing spectacular in this new model. Still the same sexy and sleek small body with powerful features from its predecessor. It now comes with WIFI + NFC ( Near Field Communication ) technology that allows the camera to connect or share the photos with nearest NFC-enabled devices. It’s a rather new technology but major of Android smartphones already has it ( new Blackberry z10 too ). Cool !
The camera will available in 4 different color taste : Black , White, Brown and Red
- 16MP Four Thirds sensor (as used in GX1)
- Tilting ‘Cell-touch LCD’ touchscreen – 1.04m dots (720 x 480 pixels)
- Near-field communication (NFC) to simplify Wi-Fi connection
- Mode dial and four customizable function buttons (two on-screen)
- 1080p30 video as MP4 or AVCHD (presented as 60i PsF in AVCHD mode)
- Jog lever around shutter button (which operates zoom or exposure compensation)
- Sensitivity expandable up to ISO 25,600
- Faster startup (as quick as 0.5 sec with non-power-zoom lenses)
Nikon has made the Digitutor for Nikon 1 V2 available online. Nikon Digitutor is a website to teach new users about basic photography, camera operation and some good tips on how taking great photos. If you hate reading long and boring camera manual , you should check Digitutor online. Learn basic stuff and start taking some photos !
Visit the digitutor micro site : http://www.nikondigitutor.com/eng/v2/index.html
Stock status: Nikon 1 v2 and j2 is available for pre-order on Amazon right now.
CanonRumor received a rumor from unknown source regarding the new Canon 7D Mark II. The camera will be announced around Februari 2013. Some key features :
- 24 MP APS-C ( vs 18 MP )
- 10.2 fps continous shooting ( vs 8 fps )
- Dual Digic V ( vs dual Digic IV )
- Dual memory slot ( vs single )
- improved ergonomic design
- new battery
Meanwhile , Canon 7D is still available in the market for $1280 ( Body Only ) and if you buy it now, you’ll get free 16GB class 10 card , free backpack and $50 Class on Demand Training Card.
There’s a great black friday deal for Panasonic Lumix FZ200 on Amazon ! Buy the camera before November 24, 2012 and you can save $50 instantly. It’s not much but at least you’ll get this amazing camera cheaper :) What i like about the FZ200 is that it has this amazing super focal range from 25mm to 600mm ! at constant f/2.8 aperture ! Other neat features like FullHD recording at 60fps , up to 12 fps burst shooting, image stabilization via OIS , and a tiltable LCD !
Current price is $550 ! ( check price at Amazon now )
Like many other Nikon cameras, you can find and download the manual at Nikon support website. It’s available for free to download for everyone , even for non-Nikon D3200 owners. That’s also great for people who planning to buy the camera. Peek the manual first , check the features / control to make sure this is the right choice.
The PDF document available in two language : English and Spanish language . Size around 18 megabytes. Begin the download here
Read more »
There is a great offer from Amazon for Nikon D3200 buyers ! Get it while it last . Buyers can get an instant cut of $100 when buying the camera now ! Not only that , if you purchase the camera with selected lens / accesories , you can save up to $250 !! how cool is that. Here is the list of the lenses or accessories that you can combined with D3200 purchase :
Save $100 on the Nikon 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED IF AF-S DX VR Nikkor zoom lens.
Save $150 on the Nikon 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR AF-S DX Nikkor zoom lens.
Save $250 on the Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G AF-S ED VR II DX Nikkor telephoto zoom lens.
Save $100 on the Nikon 85mm f/3.5G ED Nikkor lens.
Save $30 on the Nikon SB-700 AF Speedlight.
Save $50 on the Nikon SB-910 AF Speedlight.
Quick , Offer valid through November 17, 2012, or while supplies last !!
Buy D3200 with the Nikon 55-300mm ( save $150 ). The tele lens is great addition to your lens arsenal. You will have a complete focal range for your camera : 18-5mm + 55-300mm.
Check the offer here
The camera is not yet available on Amazon but the book is already here :) The Nikon D5200 for Dummies is available for pre-order on Amazon. According to the page, it should be ready to ship on April 1st , 2013 but from my experience , the book will ship earlier. Just stay tune for more infos and other books about D5200.
- Fast Track to Super Snaps - getting the feel for the camera, shooting in Auto mode, managing playback options, basic troubleshooting
- Taking Creative Control - adjusting manual settings to get better results from exposure, lighting, focus and color, then applying those settings to photo sessions. Also offers a full chapter on video mode along with the new autofocus features of the camera.
- Working with Picture Files - sending images to a computer for organizing, editing, and sharing
- The Part of Tens - tips on photo editing and select features
Like its predecessor, the Nikon D5200 has this neat feature called HDR or High Dynamic Range. Basically, HDR is the ability to take multiple different exposure photos and stitches them together so the final image is properly exposed. Unlike D5200 , Nikon D3200 doesn’t have this ‘auto’ capability. So, D3200 shooters must take take several photos and stitches them manually using software (photoshop etc). D5200 users simply activate the HDR mode and the camera will take care the rest !
As you can see on above image , two photos with different exposure (under and overexposed) automatically combined to create one final properly exposed image. If you love nature or landscape photography or indoor , HDR is an essential feature.
Here’s one guy who love to shoot beautiful photos in HDR mode : http://www.flickr.com/photos/stuckincustoms/
There are several HDR books on Amazon , but here’s my favorite : A world in HDR