German photographer, Claudius Schulze, posted in his blog that he just pre-ordered the Nikon D800 from Nikon representative. He also got a hint on Nikon D800 release date : late summer after first pro-DSLR released ,probably around August – September. Yes.. he stated the Nikon D800 is the second pro-DSLR to be announced this year. The first ? could it be the Nikon D4 ?
No details about its specs or retail price yet .. but a DPR member gives some hints
- The D800 (not the D4) will have a sensor carriage that can be easily removed by an authorized dealer.
- The D800 will have a 16.4MP FX Nikon designed sensor
- The D800 will also have a 3.3″ screen with built in collapsible hood.
- The D800 will be compatible with the MB-D10 plus the new MB-D10i ( fuuh..another battery )
- shutter speed 1/16000s ( fast enough to capture a bullet ?? )
- a new technology for very long exposures without noise or extra time. ( interesting .. )
- Better AF in video mode with proper Full HD video at 120fps ( 120fps ?? nicee .. )
Wow, nice specs!