Nikon MB-D11 now has a competitor ! New battery grip for Nikon D7000 from China manufacturer , Galaxy Electronics. There is no info about its price yet but i’m sure it’ll be cheaper than Nikon MB-D11 ($219)
- Brand Name: GLX
- Dimension: 133*72*49mm
- Weight: 240g
- Standard Accessories:
- AA battery slot
- Li-ion battery slot
- Infrared remote control
- Optional Accessories:
- AA battery
- EN-EL15/EN-EL15A battery
- Compatible for: Nikon D7000
More detail on GLX website
Adobe just released an update for their Camera Raw library. Version 6.4 will add support for 13 new cameras like Nikon D5100 , Canon 600D , 1100D etc. They also released Adobe Lightroom 3.4 that has several improvements over previous version and support new cameras.
New supported cameras:
- Canon EOS 600D (Rebel T3i / Kiss X5 Digital)
- Canon EOS 1100D (Rebel T3 / Kiss X50 Digital)
- Fuji FinePix S200 EXR
- Fuji FinePix F550 EXR
- Fuji FinePix HS20 EXR
- Fuji FinePix X100
- Hasselblad H4D-40
- Kodak Z990
- Nikon D5100
- Olympus E-PL1s
- Olympus E-PL2
- Olympus XZ-1
- Samsung NX11
The updates available for download at Adobe
Amazon now accepting pre-order for the new AF-S Nikon 50mm f/1.8G.
Nikon finally announces their latest fast lens : the AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G. I’m sure many people waiting for this lens especially entry-level DSLR users ( eg: D3100 , D5100 ).
Estimate availability date is June 16th for US$220
read more details , sample images at Nikon Imaging
Read more »
Read more »
The rumor is true. Nikon finally announced fimrware update for Nikon D7000. Version 1.02 list of changes:
- Noise reduction processing is now performed with shutter speeds slower than 1 s (previously 8 s) when On is selected for Long Exp. NR in order to reduce the bright spots that occur with shooting still images at slow shutter speeds.
- An issue that prevented the opening of movies recorded with the D7000 in certain movie editing software applications has been resolved.
- When the camera was connected to a television via the A/V cable and a movie was played back, playback was normal the first time but when the movie was played two or more times, the sound was played back at extremely low volume and seemed to play intermittently. This issue has been resolved.
- When white balance for RAW images created using the camera’s image overlay function was fine tuned with Capture NX 2 or ViewNX 2, the images acquired a magenta cast. This issue has been resolved.
- An issue that caused 0.00” to be displayed for heading information when the GP-1 GPS unit was connected to the camera has been resolved so that —.– is now displayed.
- When Viewfinder virtual horizon was the role assigned to the Fn button or the preview button and the applicable button was pressed, errors in the virtual horizon indicator were displayed. This issue has been resolved.
- The following errors in Help displays have been resolved.
- “Maximum sensitivity” help was displayed for shooting menu>ISO sensitivity settings>On or Off help.
- German help displayed “Select focus priority for AF-S mode.” for Custom Settings>a1: AF-C priority selection help.
The firmware available for download at Nikon Europe.
Yep, Sony will definitely introduce the Sony NEX-C3 soon. Some photos has been leaked (via ) and we can clearly see that the camera is indeed named NEX-C3. The design looks good and modern. From the photos we learn that NEX-C3 will have 16.2 megapixels sensor ( same as Sony A55 ?? ), vari-angle LCD, and new external flash.
Sony has delayed the announcement of the camera due to Japan earthquake and according to SAR sources , the NEX C3 will be announced in May 2011. Stay tune for more info.
Another news for UK readers ! Amazon UK is having huge stock clearance right now. One of them is Sony NEX5AS. Price drop to £399 ( save £55 !!).
Olympus has published firmware update for Olympus XZ-1. Version 1.2 will only add new Pic Orientation to camera menu.
- The orientation detection device may not operate as intended in some shooting conditions.
- This function can be turned off or on.
- In playback, the orientation of an image can be rotated by using the control ring. The desired orientation is then saved in the Exif file.
The update can be downloaded using free Olympus Digital Camera Updater
DxOMark just published their final score for Nikon D5100. Although some minor differences, we clearly see that D5100 sensor performance is similar to D7000 ( overall score: 80) and way better than the Nikon D3100 (67).
DxOMark focuses only on image quality performance but does not cover many other criteria that are important when looking for cameras or lenses that fit your needs.