Rumors popped up lately about the new Panasonic GX1, Panasonic’s latest four-third camera. The rumors are likely true since there are already several leaked pictures of the GX1. It’s body looks similar to the earlier Panasonic GF1 and will be announced in November 8th, 2011.
Panasonic GX1 specs rumors:
- 16 megapixels sensors , 2x crop factor , micro four-third format
- new image processing engine
- ISO up to 12800
- improve AF performances
- touchscreen LCD with 460K resolution
- LVF2 external viewfinder
- available in black and silver color
Body-only price would be 600 Euro while with 14-42mm : 999 Euro.
The new nikon mirrorless camera is now available for shipping in US. Order the camera now from Amazon , limited stock. Details below:
B&H and Adorama still doesn’t have both cameras in-stock but i received a newsletter today from Adorama that Nikon J1 is available for order. Check B&H or Adorama
Canon just announced their newest pro camera, the Canon EOS-1D X. The new camera featuring a new 61 AF points, amazing burst shooting up to 12fps, 18 megapixels full-frame sensor, dual DIGIC 5+ processor, and more . According to the press release, the Canon 1D X will replacing both the EOS-1Ds Mark III and EOS-1D Mark IV models in Canon’s lineup.
Full press release is available at Canon USA website , but here’s some summary:
- completely new 61 High Density Reticular AF,
- up to 14 fps ( requires mirror lock, ISO < 32000, and JPEG format )
- 18 megapixels sensor
- dual Digic 5+ processor ( 17x faster than Digic 4 ) + a Digic 4 processor for metering
- new OS iTR (intelligent tracing and recognition AF )
- 1.25 microns larger than those in the EOS-1D Mark IV sensor and .55 microns larger than those in the EOS 5D Mark II sensor
- new Ultrasonic Wave Motion Cleaning (UWMC) , second generation of Canon’s self-cleaning feature
- ISO 100-51200 , boost up to ISO 204800 !!!
- Full HD support with new format : intraframe (ALL-i ) compression and interframe (IPB) compression
- enable recording beyond the four gigabyte (GB)
- shutter life – 400K cycles
- an electronic first curtain to minimize shakes when shooting
- Availability for shiping : March 2012
- Price: $6800!
CanonRumors has reported that Canon is going to announce new professional DSLR on October 18th. No convincing specs about the camera yet and they’re not sure if it’s a 1Ds or 1D , or even a 5D model. Current specs according to rumors:
- 16-18mp sensor
- Full Frame
- ISO up to 51,200
- Dual Digic V
- high burst 12-14fps
- 61 AF points
- new battery
- availaible in March
Inline with the rumor, Canon Singapore has also announced that they will make a ‘global announcement’ on the date. A full page Canon ad also has been spotted on Singapore’s Today newspaper , displaying a picture of Canon EOS-1 camera. So, what could it be ? Can’t wait for the announcement day ..
Sony just released firmware updates for their latest SLT camera , Sony A77 and A65. Version 1.03 will add support for external macro flash, improve response time on some operation and other minor improvement. The updates can be downloaded from Sony website , available in Windows and Mac format.
- Support flash control function for Micro Twin Flash Kit, HVL-MT24AM.
- Improved response time of the following operation,
- Switching the screen mode between the LCD monitor and the electronic viewfinder
- Front and Rear control dial
- Fn button control
- Other functional improvement.
Ver.1.03 (Windows) http://www.sony-asia.com/support/download/474564
Ver.1.03 (Macintosh) http://www.sony-asia.com/support/download/474599
Ver.1.03 (Windows) http://www.sony-asia.com/support/download/474591
Ver.1.03 (Macintosh) http://www.sony-asia.com/support/download/474605
Nauticam just announced new underwater housing for Sony NEX5N , Sony NEX5 successor. It has depth rating of 100m, weight about 1.7lbs. Available for shipping in October 15th for $1650.
- 100m depth rating
- All camera controls are available
- body : solid aircraft grade aluminium
- comfortable rubberized ergonomic handgrip
- optical flash connectors
Looks like a DSLR huh ?
More details at NauticamUSA website
Fuji finally announced the recommended retail price for their new compact camera , the Fuji X10. The camera features 12megapixels from 2/3″ EXMOR sensor, 28-112mm zoom lenses f/2.0-2.8 , and a retro-style body similar to Fuji X100. The camera will also ready for shipping in November 2011.
Valhalla, N.Y., October 7, 2011 – FUJIFILM North America Corporation said today that the all new premium compact FUJIFILM X10 digital camera first announced on September 1, 2011, will have a retail price of $599.95 and will be available in early November.
Building on the tremendous success of the sophisticated FUJIFILM X100 digital camera, the new premium compact FUJIFILM X10 is the latest addition to the growing FUJIFILM X-series of advanced digital cameras.
The FUJIFILM X10 features a new larger 2/3” 12 megapixel EXR CMOS sensor and a bright high-definition FUJINON1 F2.0 wide-angle to F2.8 telephoto 4x manual zoom lens (28-112mm)2 that produces superb image quality from edge to edge. The FUJIFILM X10 has a beautiful blackout and retro design that includes a traditional optical viewfinder with a wide 20° field of view for exceptional image composition. For more information, go to http://fujifilm-x.com/x10/en/.
The FUJIFILM X10 will be on display and available for all to see at the upcoming PhotoPlus Expo at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City on October 27 through Saturday October 29.
DxOMark just finished their test on the new Sony NEX5N and not surprisingly, the results are better than the Sony NEX-C3. Sony NEX5N gives better image quality for portrait, landscape and sports photography. Although, i think , the differences are barely noticeable.
Sony NEX5N is now In-stock at Amazon.com , for $700 !
More Nikon D800 specifications rumors has leaked. Gathered from various sources , Nikon D800 specs:
- 36 megapixels sensor
- 4fps in full-frame mode , 6fps in DX crop mode ( with battery pack )
- 100% viewfinder coverage ( D700 only has 95% )
- dual slot memory card , CF and SD card
- support faster USB 3.0 ?
- ISO 100 – 6400 , expandable to 25600. ISO 50 is the lowest
- available in two different version: one with antialias filter and not
- shutter life : 200K
- Face Recognition
Regarding release date , digicame-info.com reveals that the camera will be announced on October 26th and ready for shipping on November 24th for 300.000 Yen ( around 3900 US$ ).
October 26th ?? wow, that’s only weeks away .. stay tune for more info