Canon just announced their newest pro camera, the Canon EOS-1D X. The new camera featuring a new 61 AF points, amazing burst shooting up to 12fps, 18 megapixels full-frame sensor, dual DIGIC 5+ processor, and more . According to the press release, the Canon 1D X will replacing both the EOS-1Ds Mark III and EOS-1D Mark IV models in Canon’s lineup.
Full press release is available at Canon USA website , but here’s some summary:
- completely new 61 High Density Reticular AF,
- up to 14 fps ( requires mirror lock, ISO < 32000, and JPEG format )
- 18 megapixels sensor
- dual Digic 5+ processor ( 17x faster than Digic 4 ) + a Digic 4 processor for metering
- new OS iTR (intelligent tracing and recognition AF )
- 1.25 microns larger than those in the EOS-1D Mark IV sensor and .55 microns larger than those in the EOS 5D Mark II sensor
- new Ultrasonic Wave Motion Cleaning (UWMC) , second generation of Canon’s self-cleaning feature
- ISO 100-51200 , boost up to ISO 204800 !!!
- Full HD support with new format : intraframe (ALL-i ) compression and interframe (IPB) compression
- enable recording beyond the four gigabyte (GB)
- shutter life – 400K cycles
- an electronic first curtain to minimize shakes when shooting
- Availability for shiping : March 2012
- Price: $6800!