Nikon is trying something new by announce red version of Nikon D3100. Same specs, same features, same quality from the popular DSLR for amateur / entry-level.
Check and compare Nikon D3100 best price at Amazon
Press Release (source)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 8 September 2011 – For the first time ever, Nikon introduces a primary coloured model to its D-SLR camera range. From 22nd September, its bestselling D-SLR, the D3100, will be available across Europe in red.
The D3100 is Nikon’s popular entry-level D-SLR. The new addition to the range will offer the same 14.2 megapixels, Guide Mode, full HD movie, and Live View modes as the original D3100. However, the introduction of a vibrant red model is set to broaden the camera’s appeal among first-time D-SLR users, families and young people.
The camera has been hugely popular amongst newcomers to D-SLR photography, particularly those looking to capture all of life’s important moments in perfect quality, without worrying about settings. It has been particularly well received by families, as the camera makes it easy to shoot beautiful photos and full HD movies capturing those unmissable times.
The D3100 Red will be available across Europe from 22nd September.
The wait is over ! the PRO battery grip for Nikon D3100 now available on eBay. It can hold two EN-EL14 battery and has a vertical shutter-button for portrait mode. To connect with a shutter release accessories , a special transfer cable is also included. I’m pretty sure this is legit since the seller is Top Seller rated on eBay.. they probably won’t risk anything selling fake stuff.
Visit the ebay sales page
- Brand New Pro Battery Grip for Nikon D3100 SLR Camera
- Hold 2 EN-EL14 rechargeable Li-ion batteries.
- Vertical shutter with half-press function. More comfortable vertical shooting.
- Doubling the battery capacity of your camera, effectively extend your shooting time.
- Significantly improves stability.
- Signal transferring cable included.
- Tripod screw mount.
Firmware update for Nikon D3100 DSLR is available for immediate download at Nikon USA . The update will fix several issues : magenta tint at high ISOs, autofocus issues at liveview mode, date recording problem and many others. Users are encourage to download and apply the update. Available in Windows and Mac format , download here
FYI, Nikon D3100 is #1 bestseller DSLR cameras at Amazon. Current price ( camera + lens kit ) is $600 !!
D3100 firmware: A/B:1.01:
- A magenta tint was present at the bottom of still images captured at high sensitivities after shooting in live view mode or recording movies for an extended length of time. The occurrence of this magenta tint has been reduced.
- When images captured with continuous shooting in live view mode were played back, in some very rare cases, some of the images were not properly displayed. This issue has been resolved.
- When shooting in live view mode with AF-area mode set to Subject-tracking AF, in some very rare cases, the focus point slipped off the subject with autofocusing after the intended tracking subject had been selected. This issue has been resolved.
- When images edited using camera retouch functions were played back in calendar playback mode, they were assigned to dates based not on the date of capture, but rather the date on which they were edited. This issue has been resolved.
- When white balance for RAW images created using the camera’s image overlay function was fine tuned with Capture NX 2 or ViewNX 2, the images acquired a magenta cast. This issue has been resolved.
- A portion of the error message displayed when live view mode could not be initiated because the camera’s internal temperature was too high has been revised.
- When Noise reduction in the shooting menu is set to On, operation is as follows.
Processing to reduce noise is performed at all ISO sensitivity settings. Noise reduction is especially effective with shooting at high ISO sensitivities.
Processing to reduce noise is performed immediately after shooting in any of the situations noted below. While processing to reduce noise is performed, “Job nr” blinks in the viewfinder display. Shooting is not possible until “Job nr” is no longer displayed. The time required for noise reduction processing is roughly equal to the shutter speed used to capture the image.
- Shooting at shutter speeds slower than approximately 8 seconds
- Shooting at high ISO sensitivities when the internal temperature of the camera is high
- The Help information displayed for the Noise reduction item in the shooting menu has also been revised in accordance with these modifications.
Nikon Inc has updated the NEF Codec to support the latest format from Nikon D3100 and D7000 and some minor updates
List of changes:
- 1.10.0 changes
- Supports NEF (RAW) images taken with the D3100.
- Supports NEF (RAW) images taken with the D7000.
- New color processing is supported.
- Distortion control data updated
- 32-bit versions of Windows® 7 Home Basic/Home Premium/Professional/Enterprise/Ultimate
- 32-bit versions of Windows Vista® Home Basic/Home Premium/Business/Enterprise/Ultimate (Service Pack 2)
- 32-bit versions of Windows® XP Home Edition/Professional (Service Pack 3)
- Only computers on which the operating system has been pre-installed are supported.
check the download page here
Available for dowload in Nikon’s website. There are 3 versions each. One version is printable but required users to register and input their camera serialnumber to download. The other versions is non-printable , available in English and Spanish language.
Check Nikon D7000 manual download here
Check Nikon D3000 manual download here
Also noted that Nikon D7000 and D3100 available at Nikon Digitutor now ! Digitutor is Nikon website with various information that includes basic knowledge, useful techniques, and tips on taking good photos with Nikon Digital
Nikon just announce their latest entry-level DSLR , Nikon D3100. This camera designed for amateur aspiring photographer who wish to upgrade to DSLR system.
TOKYO – Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the release of the Nikon D3100, an entry level Nikon DX-format digital-SLR camera. The camera is equipped with a new CMOS image sensor developed by Nikon and a new image-processing engine that enable capture of high-definition images exhibiting superior image quality, and a Guide mode that allows users to capture images just as they intended.
Read the full release here