First book about Nikon D5100 now available on Amazon. The Nikon D5100 For Dummies available for pre-order for $29.99. Estimate shipping date is July 12th .
- Fast Tracks to Super Snaps – chapters cover basic camera controls and functions, shooting in auto mode, setting photo quality, and navigating menus and the view screen.
- Taking Creative Control – introduces the nuts and bolts of photography as it walks readers through settings that control lighting, exposure, focus, and color. Covers the new low-light and HDR settings.
- Working with Picture Files – taking the photos from the camera to the world via a computer, editing software, and printing.
- The Part of Tens – covers the new on-board effects features along with tips for improving images with software.
Two Nikon D7000 books should be available for shipping from Amazon this month. On January 11th (tomorrow) , the Nikon D7000 Digital Field Guide book is ready for shipping. Another book , Nikon D7000: From Snapshots to Great Shots should be available on Jan 27th and not long from that , the Nikon D7000 For Dummies book also should be ready on Feb 1st.
Nikon D7000 Digital Field Guide , from the back cover :
Your Nikon D7000 combines ease of operation with professional features and performance, making it perfect for serious beginners as well as experienced photographers. This portable guide helps you take maximum advantage of every control, feature, and function, including the full 1080p HD video capability with full-time autofocus. And it shows you how to apply what you’ve learned in dozens of real-world situations for truly professional results.
- Learn to use exposure, metering, and autofocus modes as well as 19 different scene modes
- Set up your camera, experiment with lenses, and master lighting
- Work with Live View, explore video tips and workarounds, and understand the new Manual movie settings
- Take superior action, landscape, and night photos; portraits; product and stock shots; and more
Inside – your free gray card and color checker card to help you achieve accurate white balance and color
Nikon D7000: From Snapshots to Great Shots :
This book is for anyone upgrading from their Nikon D90 or current DSLR to the highly anticipated Nikon D7000. There’s the manual, of course, as well as competing books, and while they all explain, often in 400+ pages, what the camera can do, none of them shows exactly how to use the camera to create great images!
This book has one goal: to teach D7000 owners how to make great shots using their new Nikon camera. Users learn how to use the D7000 to create the type of photos that inspired them to buy the camera in the first place. Everything in the book is in service of creating a great image.
Starting with the top ten things users needed to know about the camera, photographer John Batdorff carefully guides readers through the operating features. Owners get practical advice from a pro on which settings to use when, great shooting tips, and even end of chapter assignments.
The Alexander White’s “Photographer’s Guide to the Panasonic Lumix LX5″ book now available for order at Amazon. The book available in paperback format contains 270 pages.
Photographer’s Guide to the Panasonic Lumix LX5: Getting the Most from Panasonic’s Advanced Digital Camera is the third book in a series by Alexander S. White. His previous guides to the Leica D-Lux 4 and Panasonic Lumix LX3 were extremely well received by enthusiasts searching for comprehensive books that explain the features and operation of some of the most sophisticated compact digital cameras being sold today. The current book is a detailed resource, illustrated by more than 150 color photographs, that covers all operations, menus, and controls of the Panasonic Lumix LX5, the newest in a line of highly sophisticated, yet very portable cameras that are equipped with full manual controls as well as advanced digital technology. The book provides detailed guidance to beginning, intermediate, and more experienced photographers in plain English. The photographs illustrate the camera’s menus and controls, and provide examples of many of the camera’s shooting modes and special effects. For those who find the documentation provided by the camera’s manufacturer to be hard to read and difficult to understand, this book fills an information gap and serves as a single source of information to let the photographer derive the maximum benefit from his or her Panasonic Lumix LX5 camera.
>> Buy Now from Amazon <<
Three Nikon D3100 books now available for order on Amazon. They are: